Erie County Medical Center + Buffalo Purchasing Initiative
Overview of the Organization
Erie County Medical Center Corporation (“ECMCC”) is a New York State public benefit corporation and advanced academic medical center with 573 inpatient beds, on- and off-campus health centers, more than 30 outpatient specialty care services and a 390-bed long-term care facility. ECMCC is western New York’s only Level 1 Adult Trauma Center, as well as a regional center for burn care, behavioral health services, transplantation, medical oncology and head & neck cancer care, rehabilitation and a major teaching facility for the University at Buffalo. Most ECMCC physicians, dentists and pharmacists are dedicated faculty members of the University and/or members of a private practice plan.
Our mission is to provide every patient the highest quality of care delivered with compassion. Our vision is to be a leader in and recognized for:
- High quality family centered care resulting in exceptional patient experiences;
- Superior clinical outcomes;
- The hospital of choice for physicians, nurses and staff;
- Strong collaboration with community partners to improve access to healthcare and the quality of life and vitality of the region; and
- Academic affiliations that provide the best education for physicians, dentists, nurses, and other clinical staff.
Overview of Procurement at the Organization
Materials Management is responsible for procurements and these are completed in a variety of ways.
- Discretionary spend with New York State Empire State Development certified MWBEs.
- Solicitations for bids and requests for proposals.
- Centralized contracts such as federal GSA and NYS OGS.
- Our medical group purchasing organization.
- Informal Quotes when the contract value, or annualized expenditure, is less than $20,000.
ECMC posts new procurement opportunities both on our website along with the NYS Contract Reporter (NYSCR). If you would like you can register for email notifications on ECMCC’s website at www.ecmc.edu/about-ecmc/procurement/bid-opportunities and also the NYSCR website at www.nyscr.ny.gov .
Existing Procurement Considerations or Programs
ECMC may purchase goods and services from New York State certified MWBEs vendors without a formal competitive bidding process, where the contract value (or anticipated annual expenditure) is less than $500,000.
ECMCC purchases a variety of goods and services required to operate its medical facilities, including medical/surgical supplies and physician services, as well as all the traditional items required to run a major facility, including IT and plant ops procurements.