Rich Products + Buffalo Purchasing Initiative
Overview of the Organization
We’re a global, family-owned food company dedicated to inspiring possibilities. From innovative products to hands-on expertise, we bring creative solutions to food industry professionals around the world, helping unlock new possibilities to captivate consumers and grow your business. From foodservice and retail to in-store bakery, deli and prepared foods, among others, our goal is to be your trusted partner, helping you delight customers and stay competitive, no matter where the market moves.
- Rich Products sells more than 4,000+ products to more than 100+ countries around the globe.
- Rich Products operates more than 40 manufacturing facilities around the world, including 27 in the US. and Canada.
- Rich Products has five primary distribution centers located in Crest Hill, IL, Murfreesboro, TN, Riverside, CA, Bethlehem, PA, and Kitchener, ON Canada.
- Rich Products employs over 12,500 associates globally, including more than 1,150 in Western New York.
Overview of Procurement at the Organization
Rich Products’ Procurement Team based in Buffalo oversees… USC Ingredients / Packaging Procurement Team, and our Global and Indirect Procurement Team. These teams centrally manage Categories of spend within those teams, including activities from Sourcing to Contract.
Each category establishes their vendor qualifications and credentials, which varies depending on the category of spend.
Existing Procurement Considerations or Programs
Like many organizations, we continue on our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion journey, focused on driving progress and meaningful change. Some key steps, among others, include:
- A dedicated Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) team integrates their strategy and top priorities with our business goals.
- Our DEI Council keeps this critical topic top of mind and serves as DEI ambassadors throughout the organization.
- Continuing Education + Awareness efforts. We are commitment to evolving our journey through constant feedback, active listening and engagement, leadership training and action.
- Associate Resource Groups are driven by topics most important to our people. Creating and supporting meaningful experiences for all associates – that’s our goal!
We monitor our diverse supplier spend, and strive against supplier diversity spend goals as directed within various initiatives (BPI, Customer Initiatives, etc.)
Spend relative to local / BPI spend is most applicable to the Indirect Spend Categories which include things like:
- Sales and Marketing
- Business Services (HR, etc.)
- MRO (Maintenance, Repair, Operations)
- Transportation / Warehousing
Many areas of spend are NOT centrally managed, but are managed within the business and also represent opportunities to work with Rich Products. Examples might include:
Strategic Category Leader, Transportation